Monday, 10 August 2009

Nectarie Patisserie- Where is the “X” factor?

Nectarie le’Dessert Patisserie despite being located in the midst of noisy clubs and bars at Clarke Quay, this cozy patisserie makes it a great after-work chill out place with friends. We finally made our way there last Saturday to try out the famous Caramelized Banana with White Chocolate ($7 b4 GST).

The white chocolate mousse with the bananas was very rich and the best part of this cake was the crunchy base. Even though it was ranked as one of Sunday Times Top 50 cakes, this cake does not have the “X” factor. “X” factor means tt we will crave and come back again for it. Of course, we won’t deny that this cake was delightful. But perhaps we expect more than just a nice cake?


Photobucket
J: I was impressed when i took my 1st bite... but perhaps it could be slightly too sweet for my liking and i was satiated after a while. It would definitely satisfy the sweet tooth though~

A’s rating: 4/5, J's rating: 4.25/5

Nectarie le’Dessert Patisserie
3C River Valley road #01-05 The Cannery, Clark Quay
Tel: 6305 7628

7 comments:

ladyironchef said...

don't bother with nectarie. we tried abt 7-8 cakes, only one or two is not bad.

SistaFood said...

A: haha..i know. I've tried it a couple of times before. At least 5 or 6 cakes i guess. But only Caramelized Banana with White Chocolate cake is better. The rest are so-so only.

When are u going to organise your outing at canele? haha.

Fen said...

I definitely understand your definition of X-factor and true enough there are some cakes listed on the 50 yummiest cakes that are disappointing...

If this disappoints, I guess I agree with Brad, don't bother... There are better cakes nearby such as Tampopo Deli or Ricciotti.

However, I read on one of the blogs that their ice-cream is not bad but I have yet to try it.

SistaFood said...

A:Really? I only heard from my some people saying their waffles are nice, not too sure about their ice-cream though. As for cakes, we have in mind where to go for good cakes.

Haha..if you read our blog, we do love cedele's cakes. But we will try out other places such as canele or obolo soon. But of course, will like to try out the places that you recommended.

Fen said...

I didn't find their waffles good... It was the dry sort...

Cedele seems to be a favourite to most and I have only tried 2 cakes from there...

I guessed my preference is inclined towards mousse and light cakes so I have the tendency to walk past Cedele...

SistaFood said...

Fen: Hmmm if u prefer mousse and light cakes, probably u will like to check out patisserie glace :)

Fen said...

Been there and yea, the cakes are good... love their strawberry hills...