Sunday, 21 June 2009

Meng Kee Satay Bee Hoon

J: I've never been a fan of satay beehoon until I visited Meng Kee Satay Bee Hoon. This stall stood out from the rest once we reached the East Coast Lagoon Food Village on Sat 7pm. There was a crazy long at this stall which will really turn off some people but we walked for 30min all the way for this! There's no reason for us not to taste it having walked for so long right?


A: I must say that this satay beehoon really caught me in surprise! The peanut sauce is so fragrance and I can't help myself finishing up the whole plate. If you know, I don't really eat peanut or it's products!




After queuing for an hour (yes 1 hour!), we finally managed to snatch up 2 plates of this legendery satay beehoon which has gained much press and thumbs up from ieatishoot. The peanut sauce is really creamy and sweet and not too spicy. U can literally bite the roasted peanut chunks inside the sauce! The sauce is sooo gd that I can eat it on its own.


The satay beehoon is priced from $2 to $5 and we had the best $2 satay beehoon ever! For $2, the owner is really generous with the ingredients. There are slices of meat, veg, pork liver, cuttlefish & cockles with beehoon, topped with generous serving of peanut sauce. What more can u ask for?


J's rating: 4.5/5
A's rating: 4.7/5


Meng Kee Satay Bee Hoon
East Coast Lagoon Food Village Stall 17
6pm to 11.30pm
Closed Tuesdays

No comments: